This week has been hectic as I am in still training mode for work and I also moved into a new flat while slowly finding my routine. Thankfully ,the weather turned warmer this weekend and while the snow was beautiful, I am so excited the sun has finally decided to come out! Makes all the difference for me….
Highlights of the week:
- Moving into my permanent place! I am living with a Czech couple (quite common to live with other people here – and they speak English) and we basically share the common areas while I have my own big room. It’s furnished, in a great area, and within my budget. Perfect for now!
- I drove a stick shift to move all of my stuff – the pastor from the church let me borrow his car – I am not sure if that was so wise considering I have never driven in Prague and I haven’t driven a manual car since Italy in 2013, but alas, he had full faith in me and handed me the keys. The highlight is that I made it alive. I asked a friend to drive with me for moral support and while that was a good idea in theory, she was so stressed out yelling ‘people, people! stop! dog!’ the whole time that it stressed me out even moreso. Hence, lesson learned to drive alone. Always drive alone.
- Going on a beautiful run on Saturday in the sun and being amongst all of the people out and about. I love that Europeans enjoy the art of being around people in the plazas or cafes, sitting or walking for hours. It’s enough entertainment (and free).
- Skype date with Shawn! We both got pizza, chatted for a bit, and then we watched a show together. It’s the best we can do for now – and I think we will actually miss it the day we don’t have to do that anymore… Maybe.
- Soon to be exchange Czech/English lessons with my flatmate’s mother who barely speaks English. I may make a video of this……
Links to check out when you have more time:
- Happy Chinese New Year! Fun facts about the year of the monkey and your year.
- Happy Superbowl! Now, I know it’s a great time of the year for most Americans, but sadly, this is said to be one of the worst days for human trafficking in the United States. Read more here to keep making yourself aware. You could save someone from being a victim down the road just by knowing what goes on behind the scenes.
- A fun link for you – Travel across the USA by train for as little as $213! How amazing and what an incredible experience this would be. Absolutely love this!
- Ten Fun Facts about the Charles Bridge in Prague (the most famous bridge in the world)
Enjoy your week and Happy Chinese New Year/Lent/Carnival/Ash Wednesday! I am going to (hopefully) give up worry/thinking I have to do everything on my own (such the planner in me) and focus on simplicity each day. 40 days – I can do that right? Or at least have a jar to pay into if needed. I am not Catholic, but I absolutely love this tradition. It’s a special time of year to reflect on life and what we truly believe the purpose of life is as well as challenge ourselves in ways that may seem unnatural/out of habit. Plus, if you have already given up on your New Year’s Resolutions, this is a perfect shortcut. Are you giving up anything this year and/or adding a goal per day? I would love to know.